Friday, July 6, 2012

We're going on a play date!


There has been some discussion among my accountability group about changing up one's writing routine by finding a different place to write.

I confess I've never tried writing outside of my home/home office (unless the deck counts!)   The idea intrigued me.  But where to go? 
Equally intrigued, my Muse immediately suggested a Hawaiian beach.   Ahhh, pristine sand, tropical breezes, umbrella drink in hand.  Sounds heavenly, but I nixed the idea because a) I don't fly, and b) she's not going if I can't go.  End of discussion.  Well, at least for now.

Starbucks is closer, cheaper (I'm ever frugal), but my local one has an occupancy limit of three or less.  (Maybe I'm exaggerating a little.) 

The thought of writing at my local library is even less appealing.  For one thing, there's no aroma of coffee--a deal breaker in itself!   I cannot think, much less write, if I'm not sufficiently caffeinated.  Then there are tiny little three-sided cubicles that remind me of when I took my state board exam.  Not an experience I'd care to repeat again anytime soon.

After much thought, I did come up with what I think will be the perfect place.  Panera Bread.  A bottomless cup of coffee (and bathrooms!).   Cozy little tables.   Free Wi-Fi.  And to-die-for cinnamon rolls! 

Hopefully my Muse will like the compromise (and change of scenery) when I take her there for our play date. 

The first of many, if she cooperates!  

Check out the blogs of my accountability group as they share their perspectives:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    Love the look of this blog...very feminine. As to the subject of this post, I don't think I would like to write anyplace other than home (my comfort zone). I'd get too distracted with the beauty of nature (if I were to go outdoors) or the buzz of conversation (if I were to go somewhere public). Plus, I'd have to get dressed and put on make up (if I were to leave the house)...LOL. The only other place I might be able to write would be in a serenity room at a great spa (like The Cloisters on Sea Island). Yeah...that I might be able to do!

    ReplyDelete