Well, maybe there aren't quite that many.
I keep a bookshelf in my office, filled with my reference materials and books on the craft of writing itself. Not to mention the usual writerly fare of dictionaries and thesauruses. Downstairs I have another bookshelf filled with even more research books.
Now for my confession.
I have stashes of fiction, much like a guilt-ridden dieter with a secret reserve of snack food. In the end tables in my living room. Under the couch. In the basement,
And, yes, even in the bathroom.
Don't laugh! One never knows when the opportunity for a Calgon-take-me-away moment will present itself.
And there are the ebooks on my Nook.
I resisted--even fought--the e-reader evolution. Argued to anyone who recommended one that I like the feel of a "real" book in my hands. (I still do.)
But it only took a couple of page-turning swipes before I was hooked. A great read is a great read, no matter what format it comes in.
And that's a good thing.
Since I'm running out of stashes!
Take a moment and check out these links:

I laughed so hard reading this post, Emma! I have to admit I have a few stashes around too. Before we moved, my night table probably had about 50 books stacked on it from ones I'd finished before bed. Bet those are still in a box. *sigh* Need to go find those. 328' and counting.... =)
ReplyDeleteI resisted the e-reader revolution too. I wanted to flip pages. Then I got a Kindle. It's great to have reading options in one place.
ReplyDelete